10.17.2007

Week 8: HTML Page Layout

We are now nearing the end of our HTML basics and will be moving on to Dreamweaver. After the assignment for week 8, I can now control page layout using frames and tables. I found two informative website regarding frames. The first is wonderful at explaining the concept for frames in terms we can all understand (food!). The author is Jill Atkinson and relates frames to a picnic plate (as you can see by the illustration she provides - image on the left) on the Webmonkey site. The second site at W3.org provides a detailed explanation of the importance of utilizing frames and table correctly. One helpful tip is “An HTML document that describes frame layout (called a frameset document) has a different makeup than an HTML document without frames. A standard document has one HEAD section and one BODY section. A frameset document has a HEAD, and a FRAMESET in place of the BODY.” So no need to duplicate.

We also had to critique a local Quad City webiste, which was pretty fun. It looks like the website is inviting critiques and feedback as well, so I made sure to contribute my thoughts. Overall this week, I spent about 10 hours, for some reason I had to do and redo the HTML H assignments in the books several times before I could get them to work properly.

No comments: